Friday, September 6, 2013



Dear Fam,
  • Here's a prayer for being set free by the love of God.  Here's the part I resonated with the most--Lord Jesus, free me to use fewer words in relationships so there’s more space for listening, sitting still, and savoring other people’s stories and struggles. I want to be a friend who offers a substantive taste of how you love us—how you love me. Oh, that the aroma of grace would be released more copiously and consistently through my life…. 
  • Pastor's Class began Wednesday night with 60+ folks and it went great.  Here's a testimony from a recent attender of the class,

    "Did you know that I grew up in the Jewish faith, attending synagogue every Saturday? I was searching and searching for something - I didn't know what - my whole life. There were so many times, when I look back, that I REALLY felt God reaching out to me, but I had no idea how to connect with Him. Then He did the craziest thing ever - He brought me out of New York City, where I had a phenomenally successful career and lots of close friends. He transported me to Citrus County. And this is where I can truly say my life started! He has come into my heart through my Seven River's family. I went through Pastor's class twice and was baptized here. My oldest son attends SRCS and has been working on the servant team for camp for three years."

    My life is changed. I don't make the kind if money I did in the past and I don't live in a big city anymore. Everything I ever knew and was comfortable with is gone. It was not an easy transition! But I am happier than I have ever been, feeling the absolute love, grace and peace of Jesus in my heart. I now have the relationship with Him that I was searching for my whole life.
  • SRCS is turning out some wonderful media.  Our school was featured on Bay News 9 all day yesterday.  The SRCS Facebook page is worth "friending" -- there is a new picture posted almost daily.  The school produced a short video promoting the annual fund just this week also.
  • When they asked some kids the question, "How would you make a marriage work?"  Ricky, age 10 said, "Tell your wife that she looks pretty, even if she looks like a dump truck."  For more help in building a flourishing marriage, plan to come to the Marriage Conference next Friday evening and Saturday morning.  Cost is $20 per person and childcare is provided by reservation.  Click here for more info!
  • From our children's ministry leadership:  We are so excited that it’s time for The Edge to start! It will run this fall from September 8-November 24. The Edge is specifically designed for kids in 3rd–5th grade and takes place on Sunday mornings during the 10:00 service. We believe that 3rd-5th graders are uniquely designed and The Edge was created with them in mind! Kids will participate in praise, worship, and large and small group discussion time as they learn about the “Big Picture of God’s story.”
  • Next May, we are taking a group of folks from Seven Rivers to England & Scotland with an optional extension to Normandy, France.  Some of our highlights will be Westminster Abbey, St. Paul's Cathedral, the Tower of London, Stonehenge, St. Andrews and Sterling Castle.  If you are interested in learning more about this trip, come to an informational meeting this weekend after each service in the Sanctuary.
  • This weekend I'll be preaching on 1 Samuel 18:1-16 as we continue our series on the life of King David.  Hope you can join the party!
Ray